Common Core of Skills and Knowledge
This module is designed to be relevant for all staff, paid and voluntary, working with children and young people. It is based around the Common Core of Skills and knowledge and the CWDC induction standards.
On completion of this module learners will have covered these learning objectives:
- An overview of Every Child Matters and Integrated Working
- Principles and values
- Equality, inclusion and anti-discriminatory practise
- Person-centred approaches
- Confidentiality, information sharing and record keeping
- Welcome and Learning Objectives
- Understanding Principles and Values
- An overview of Every Child Matters and integrated working
- Principles and Values
- Equality, inclusion and anti-discriminatory practice
- Person-Centred approaches
- Confidentiality, information sharing and record keeping
- Understanding Your Role
- Work Role
- Legislation, policies and procedures
- Relationships with carers, parents and others
- Team Working
- Complaints and Compliments
- Supervision and Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Health and Safety
- Health and Safety Laws, Policies and Procedures
- Moving, lifting and handling people and objects
- Medication, Healthcare and Food Handling
- Personal Safety and Security
- Risk Assessment
- Effective Communication
- Key skills, knowledge and characteristics of an effective communicator
- Some of the barriers to communication
- The importance of professional relationships and the boundaries to these
- Understanding Development
- Theories on why children and young people may behave in certain ways
- The importance of play to learning and development
- How a child or young person is part of a number of different but connected systems
- What 'transition' means in relation to children and young people
- The various types of child abuse and neglect
- The signs and what to look for
- Steps to take if a child or adult discloses abuse
- The importance of keeping records
Individuals who work with children, young people and families, this includes: teachers, midwives, social workers, GP's, school nurses, social workers, youth offending service, police officers and early years workers.
With 120 interactive screens, it is estimated that this module will take approximately 1-2 hours to complete (depending on learning speed). As an e-learning module you can complete this training in convenient stages. The system will record your progress throughout.
On completion of this course you will be able to download a Virtual College certificate.
The content of this course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted
Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
What our customers have saidThe course was very well explained and questions where easy to answer I learned a lot.
Everything is laid out very clearly and simple to use, the key words were helpful.
The layout was good easy to use, the narrative was of good size and colours made pages easy to read. The mix between verbal summary and narrative was successful to help my learning and progression through the module.
It's very easy and clear, I like the questions at the end of each section as it allows you to retain information
It was set out in a methodical way and easy to understand and to absorb the information
I thought the simplicity of the module was good. It was clearly set out and easy to navigate.
Visual and interactive methods very good for learning and taking in information.
I liked the fact there was a voice talking and I wasn't reading it. It gave me time to digest the point being made. It was interactive and very easy and clear to use. A virtual classroom.
Cost and Discounts
£30 + VAT - This cost is for a single user.
Discounts are available for multiple users (10 or more) for more information please contact email@example.com, or telephone UKVC Sales on 01943 885089 .
How it Works
The information below is specific to this particular course. If you would like a more general guide to how our purchasing and learning works please visit the Four Easy Steps page which should tell you all you need to know.
Alternatively; if you have a specific question or concern why not contact us directly ?
This is an online course, all the training will be taken through your browser window. There will be no face-to-face sessions with instructors nor will you receive any training material through the post. If you wish you may print out any page of the training material, and may also print the notes you took during the training.
You can also revisit the training material at any time, even after you have completed the course.
The material for this course has been broken down into several smaller lessons, each lesson dealing with a specific area of the overall subject.
The lesson consist of a series of pages in which an instructor will talk you through the lesson material at a pace that suits you. Pages may also include supporting pictures, graphs, animation or extra sounds to help with the learning where appropriate. Some lessons will include challenges/quizzes to help you keep in touch and interested in the material.
Lessons can be taken in any order and each lesson may be PAUSED and RESUMED at any stage. When all lessons in the course have been completed our system will realise and automatically record that you have successfully completed the course
This course is delivered fully online allowing you to learn at your own pace, however an average duration would be 1-2 hours.
If you would like to buy this course now please enter details of the learner to be enrolled on the course.
When you click "Submit" you will be transferred to our secure payment system (provided by WorldPay)
where you will be able to enter your credit or debit card details.
Start Your Training Today
Once the payment has been accepted you will immediately be allocated an account in our
Training Management System,
and you will be able start your training right away.
Buy it Now